My CleanAlong® vacuum brush is not rotating. What should I do?
Answer: 1. First, make sure the brush motor is turned on at the hose grip.
2. Check that the handle is reclined. When the handle is locked in the upright position, the brush motor automatically shuts off.
3. Make sure the brush is free of debris. Your vacuum has a feature that will turn it off automatically if an object is lodged in it.
4. See if the brush and belt are intact. Remove the access plate on the foot of the vacuum. Remove the two screws, pull up on the front of the access plate, then pull up on each of the sections of access plate, as shown below. If the belt is broken, you can replace it by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=2574&partid=4922
5. Make sure the brush turns freely by hand. If the brush can’t turn freely by hand, you’ll need to replace it. You can do so by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=2574&partid=4923
Please note: make sure the cap is top when re-inserting the brush roll, shown below:
6. If the brush still won’t turn, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.