My Powergroom® Pet Compact has low to no suction. What should I do?
Answer: 1. First, check the dirt cup to see if it’s empty. If it’s not, emptying it may help.
2. Check the pre-motor and the post-motor filters for debris. Also check the upper cyclone plastic filter, as it might need to be rinsed. Dirty filters can restrict airflow. The pre-motor filter may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Only reinstall the filters when they’re completely dry. The post-motor HEPA filter may need to be replaced. You can replace it by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=8899&partid=9764
Note: the white HEPA Media post-motor filter is not washable.
3. Next, check for good, strong suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If you don’t get good suction, go on to step 8. If there’s good suction at the end of the hose, check to see if the hose is firmly connected to the lower hose. Check the upper and lower hoses for clogs (see our “Clearing Clogs” FAQ for details). If this doesn’t work, go on to step 4.
4. Also, check if the brush is turning. Remove the access plate (a plastic frame over the brush roll) and check the brush and belt for damage. Be sure to clean off any debris on the brush. If brush won’t turn by hand, you’ll need to replace the brush. You can do so by clicking here:
If the belt is broken, you can buy extras by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=8899&partid=9762
5. Next, check for suction at the back of the vacuum after twisting the hose to the left and removing it from the hose cuff (where the hose attaches to the back). If you don’t get good suction, go on to step 9. If you do get good suction here, check the hose for cracks or holes. If there are no cracks or holes, the upholstery hose is probably clogged. Push a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction through the end of the hose. (See our “clearing clogs” FAQ for details.)
6. If you still don’t have suction, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.