The brush on my PowerClean model 16N5 is not rotating. What should I check?
Note: The brush will not rotate when the machine is locked in the upright position, because an internal micro-switch turns the brush motor off.
Note: If anything has been sucked up in the vacuum that could get caught in the brush and cause resistance (such as an area rug), the brush will stop rotation. This is a safety feature that eliminates belt breakage. Turn the machine off, unplug the machine, remove the obstruction, and turn the unit back on, which will reset the machine.
- Make sure both the red power switch and the gray brush switch are turned on.
- Check the belt through the clear brush cover.
- If this appears damaged or broken, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have this replaced.
- Unplug the unit and look for debris wrapped around the brush. Remove the obstruction by cutting away any visible hair, fibers, or debris from the brush roll. NOTE: The brush CANNOT be removed from the machine.
- If something has become lodged in the foot and the brush shuts off, turn off the vacuum and unplug from the outlet. The brush will automatically reset when the vacuum is plugged in and turned back on.
- Unplug the power cord and remove the handle completely.
- Slide handle back into the lower section of handle, ensuring the screw is in tight. If the handle is not aligned properly, this will affect the power of the brush motor.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, go to the BISSELL Homepage at: http://www.bissell.com. Select the Customer Support tab at the top of the page. Enter your zip code to perform your search in the Service Center locator box. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.
For additional assistance, please call Consumer Services at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you as you are working on your machine.