My PROlite model 17G5 is louder than it use to be. What should I check?
Note: All of the following steps are considered routine maintenance and should be done regularly.
- Check the filters
- Remove the dirt container, the Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter, and the Pre Motor foam filter. Check these filters for dirt and debris. The foam Pre Motor filter can be washed in warm water with a mild detergent. Make sure it is completely dry before putting it back in the machine. The Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter CANNOT be washed, and should be replaced if it is dirty.
- Check the cyclone assembly. The cyclone assembly is the removable grey and clear plastic piece in the dirt cup assembly.
- Remove the cyclone assembly by twisting and pulling gently on the bottom. Clean the gray screen and cyclone assembly, using a dry cloth. You may use a damp cloth, if necessary, to remove additional dirt, however make sure the piece is completely dry before returning to the dirt cup.
- Return the cyclone assembly to the dirt cup, ensuring that it is assembled correctly. Failure to have the parts installed completely and correctly can result in a clog that will need Service Center attention to resolve.
- Check the brush and belt for damage. A damaged or misassembled brush or belt can cause excess noise during use.
- Replace brush or belt as necessary.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem with your machine, please take it to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com. Click on the Customer Support tab near the top of the homepage and enter your zip code in the Service Center locator box to perform your search.
You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #2.