My 17G5 PROLite machine suddenly does not have power. What should I check?
Answer: NOTE: If the unit powers up, but the brush does not turn, please see FAQ on Brush Not Turning.
- Check the entire length of the power cord for damage. If the cord is damaged, please have your unit serviced at a service center.
- Make sure the unit is plugged into a working outlet.
- Make sure the power switch is turned on.
- A green light will illuminate around the power switch when the unit is turned on
- Make sure the handle has been screwed into the unit securely.
- If the screws are not tight, or the handle is not flush with the lower handle assembly, internal connectors will not be connected properly and the unit will not work.
- Uninstall and reinstall the handle, if necessary, ensuring the screws are tight.
- Check for clogs by cleaning filters and hoses.
- Reduced air flow from dirty filters or clogs will put greater stress on the motor, increasing the possibility for overheating.
- If the unit overheats, a protection feature of the PROlite is a thermal protector which turns the unit off automatically. Should the unit turn off due to the thermal protector, unplug the unit, clear any clogs or wash the filters, and wait 30 minutes for the thermal protector to reset.
If you are still unable to resolve the suction problem with your machine, please take it to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com. Click on the Customer Support tab near the top of the homepage and enter your zip code in the Service Center locator box to perform your search.
You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1