My Easy Vac, model 3130, is not suctioning properly. What should I check?
Answer: If your 3120/3130 series Easy Vac machine is not suctioning properly, please check the following:
- Empty the dirt cup
- Check the dirt cup release handle to mak sure it is completely locked into place. If not locked in place, the dirt cup may not seal to the upper tank properly and suction may be affected.
- Check the rear of the dirt cup to make sure it is completely locked into the rear tabs.
- Ensure the top of the dirt cup is completely sealed to the upper tank.
- Turn off /unplug the machine and then check the filters. Dirty filters will restrict airflow.
1) Inner and Outer circular filters. Wash with warm water and mild detergent. Thoroughly air dry prior before replacing.
2) Pre-Motor filter (small round filter found underneath the lower tank). Wash with warm water and mild detergent and allow it to completely dry.
3) Primary Separator in the upper tank. Brush off any debris and rinse off the screen with warm water. Air dry before replacing.
- Check for GOOD suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If there IS good suction at the hose, make sure it is firmly attached to the lower-hose on the back of the machine. Is the brush turning? Is the lower hose clogged?
If there is NOT good suction at the hose, check for suction at the back of the machine after removing the hose where it attaches there (squeeze the 2 side clips and pull out to release the hose from the holder.).
1) If there IS good suction at the back of the machine, check the hose for cracks or holes. If there aren't any, the upholstery hose may be clogged.
2) If there is NOT good suction at the back of the machine, check the pre-motor filter area WITH THE FILTER IN PLACE. If there is suction, the hose is clogged or filters are dirty. If there is NO suction in this area, the machine will need to be inspected at a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center.
If you continue to experience low suction, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. The warranty on your machine is one year. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, click here.
To contact Consumer Services by phone, please call us at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.