My PROdry® is having spray issues. What should I do?
Answer: Start here if you can spray from the hose, but can’t spray at the floor. If you can spray at the floor but can’t spray from the hose, scroll down for the troubleshooting you need:
1. To start, check the handle to make sure it’s fully inserted with no gaps. If there are gaps, retighten the handle.
2. See if there’s liquid in the solution tank (both water and solution).
3. Make sure the solution tank is seated properly. Check that the red gasket is in place. If not, it may have come off and could be lodged in the base.
4. With water in the bottle, hold the bottle over a sink and press the x-valve (inside the cap, pictured below). If the tank releases water, go on to step 5. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to replace the cap. You can do so by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=2822&partid=4494
5. Check the siphon tube in the formula tank to make sure it isn’t being blocked by the wall of the tank. Air needs to be able to flow through the tube.
6. Next, unplug the machine and check for debris at the spray tip (pictured below). If the spray tip is clogged, it can be removed and cleaned. Push the spray tip cover backward toward the wheels of the unit and lift the cover off. Remove the spray tip by pulling up on it.
7. Now that the spray tip is removed, make sure the spray tip gaskets are present (two black rings, pictured above). Clean both ends of the spray tip by soaking it in warm water or blowing air through it. Make sure the spray tip housing is clean (there is a filter screen beneath the spray tip that may be clogged). Also, make sure the area between the spray tip and brush is clean.
8. Check for tension in the trigger. If there is tension, go on to step 9. If there’s no tension in the trigger, the handle assembly may need to be replaced. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
9. Re-prime the unit. Turn the unit on and pump the trigger for 1 full minute.For best priming results, it helps to have a full tank of formula mixed with water. Priming with water only or a tank that isn’t full may take longer.
10. If your ProDry® still won’t spray, please take it to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
Start here if you can spray to the floor, but can’t spray through the hose:
1. The ProDry® may not spray through the hose until you spray at the floor first.
2. Remove the tool on the end of the hose and see if it will spray. If the hose can’t spray with the tool removed, go to step 3. If the hose can spray while the attachment is off, the tool is clogged. Try to clean out the spray tip (pictured below) on the tool with a paper clip. You may need to replace the tool. Find the one you need on this page: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=product&productid=2822
3. If the hose doesn’t spray with the attachment off, clean the spray tip on the end of the hose with a paper clip.
4. Stretch the hose out and give it a few light tugs to release any kinks in the internal water supply hose.
5. Hold the hose to the floor and try to spray. This may cause gravity to force fluid through the hose.
6. If there is still no spray at the hose, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.