My OptiClean® has no or low suction and is blowing dust. What should I do?
Answer: 1. First, make sure the bag isn’t full.
2. Check the pre- and post-motor filters for debris. The pre-motor filter is washable in warm water with mild detergent. Make sure all filters are totally dry before reinstalling them. The post-motor HEPA filter is not washable.
3. Check the motor duct (pictured above) for suction. If there’s no suction at the motor duct, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
4. Remove the hose and check for a clog in the suction opening (pictured below).
5. Make sure the door is latched shut. The door won’t latch without the bag being in place.
6. Re-attach the hose (make sure it’s securely attached to the suction opening) and check for suction at the end of the hose with the attachments and foot off. Check the hose for cracks or holes.
7. Check the variable suction control. If it’s set all the way to “min”, you may simply need to set it to a higher setting.
8. Check the hose for clogs. If the hose is clogged, work the clog loose by massaging the clogged area. You can try gently twisting the hose where it’s clogged until the clog works itself free. If that doesn’t work, removing the hose from the unit and the extension wand will allow a broom stick to be pushed through to clear clogs from the hose.
9. Now take the attachments off the hose and check for suction. If there’s suction at the end of the hose with the attachments off, but not with them on, the attachment may need to be cleared of clogs. The foot can be cleared by removing the access plate and brush. (See picture below.)
10. Take a look in the extension wand for clogs. You can remove clogs in the extension hose by pushing a broom stick through it.
11. Check the post-motor filter for clogs. The Post-motor HEPA filter is not washable. If it’s dirty, you can replace it by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=20581&partid=21102
12. If there’s still no suction, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.