My Symphony™ Vac & Steam has no suction or is blowing dust. What do I check?
Answer: 1. Make sure the dirt continer is empty.
2. Make sure the Vac Light is on to vacuum. If it is not on, the machine will not suction.
3. Make sure the dirt continer is installed correctly. Move the lock button to the right until it is in the center of the unit.
4. Make sure the foot is fully inserted into the body of the unit. You will know it is inserted correctly when you hear the locking tab click.
5. Make sure the filters are clean and in place. If the filters are missing or not in place, the machine will either blow dust or not suction properly. This machine has two filters loated in the top of the dirt cup. A white pleated filter and a foam filter sits inside the pleated filter casing. These filters are both washable. Be sure these filters are completely dry before putting them back into the machine.
6. Make sure the hose tube is connected properly.
a. Grab the bottom end of the hose and pull the lower portion away from the body. Turn the upper hose to the left and pull out.
b. Separate the two hoses and wash them both. Let them completely dry before reassembling.
c. Put the two pieces back together so both curved ends face the same way.
d. Align the tabs on the clear hose to the openings in the machine and turn to the right until locked into place.
e. Push the lower hose back into the hole on the bottom of the machine.
7. Check the suction hole on the foot for any obstructions. Clear any if necessary.
8. If there is still no suction after all the above troubleshooting has been exhausted, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691 M-F 8:00 am - 10:00 PM, Sat 9:00 am - 8:00 pm, Sun 10:00 am - 7:00 PM all EST. A Representative will be happy to assist you.