My Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine® has no power. What should I do?
Answer: 1. Unplug the cord and check the length of the cord for damage. If the cord is damaged, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.
2. Is the machine plugged into an extension cord? If so, try unplugging the extension cord and try the machine in another outlet.
3. Check the amp limit of your circuit breakers. The cleaner may have tripped the breaker. If you’re using a 12 amp machine and the circuit breakers are 10 amps and already overloaded, the circuit may keep “tripping” if additional appliances are plugged into the same circuit. If nothing else is plugged into the circuit, there is a good chance it will not “trip.”
4. Check the Dirt Tank. If it’s full of water and debris, the cleaner will power off. Empty the tank and reattach it.
5. The Big Green® has been designed with a Thermal Protector to protect it from overheating. When the Thermal Protector activates, the cleaner will stop operating. If this happens, turn the cleaner off, unplug it from the electrical outlet, and let the it sit for 30 minutes while unplugged. After 30 minutes, it should power back up.
6. If your cleaner still won’t power up, please contact one of our Authorized Service Centers to have a quality technician inspect your vacuum. See the above link to find one near you.