My Symphony™ Vac & Steam will not produce steam. What do I check?
Answer: DO NOT USE VINEGAR OR ANY OTHER SOLUTION OTHER THAN WATER OR BISSELL STEAM MOP DEMINERALIZED SCENTED WATERS IN THE TANK.
1. Make sure the correct tank has water in it. (Water tank and not the dirt cup).
2. Make sure the "Steam Ready" LED light has finished blinking (about 30 seconds). Wait until the light goes solid and attempt to steam.
3. Make sure the steam setting LED light is on "HI" If is is not lit, the machine will not steam.
4. Make sure you are holding the trigger on the handle up to two minutes to get the unit to prime.
5. Make sure the filter** is properly seated. Remove the cartridge. Examine to make sure the black gasket is still on the outside of one of the two ports of the cartridge. there is an "X" valve inside the hole this port fits into. Push on this to make sure water flows (make sure the machine is unplugged). Use the palm of your hand with force to firmly push the cartridge in place to make sure it is fully seated. This will make sure the pump is not sucking air around the gasket.
**Not all machines have a water filter. Some have a "dummy" filter. A filter is required for this machine, just not a water filter, it is optional.
There should be no gap between the filter and the machine when it is installed properly.
6. Plug the machine back in, wait 30 seconds for the "Steam Ready" LED to stop blinking. Place the "HI" button light to the "HI" LED. Hold the handle trigger closed for two minutes.
7. Has a new filter been installed? If so, hold the trigger down at least 2 minutes to allow the filter to fill up with water. It should then start steaming. You may also soak the filter for 10 to 15 minutes to saturate the filter.
8. Take the foot off the machine, remove the foot tray and also the pad and ream the steam tip on the foot as well as the foot tray with a paper clip to remove any obstructions.
8. If the machine still has no steam after troubleshooting has been completed, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691 M-F 8:00 am - 10:00 pm; Sat 9:00 am - 8:00 pm; Sun 10:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. A Representative will be happy to assist you.