My Symphony™ Vac & Steam will not produce steam. What do I check?
Answer: DO NOT USE VINEGAR OR ANY OTHER SOLUTION OTHER THAN WATER OR BISSELL STEAM MOP DEMINERALIZED SCENTED WATERS IN THE TANK.
1. Is the water tank empty? If so, fill the tank and attempt to steam.
2. The "Steam Ready" light will blink until the machine is ready to steam (about 30 seconds). Wait until the light goes solid and attempt to steam.
3. Make sure a steam setting is selected by pushing a steam level button. "HI" or "LO" must be lit in order to use the steam. If one of them is not lit, the machine will not steam.
4. Make sure you are pushing the trigger on the handle to steam.
5. Make sure the filter** is installed properly.
**Not all machines have a water filter. Some have a "dummy" filter. A filter is required for this machine, just not a water filter, it is optional.
There should be no gap between the filter and the machine when it is installed properly.
6. Has a new filter been installed? If so, hold the trigger down to allow the filter to fill up with water. It should then start steaming.
7. Take the foot off the machine, remove the foot tray and also the pad and ream the steam tip on the foot as well as the foot tray with a paper clip to remove any obstructions.
8. If the machine still has no steam after troubleshooting has been completed, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691 M-F 8:00 am - 10:00 pm; Sat 9:00 am - 8:00 pm; Sun 10:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. A Representative will be happy to assist you.