My Total Floors® Pet or Complete will not suction and or is blowing dust. What do I check?
Answer: First, let's start by making sure the dirt cup is empty.
Now, take a look at the pre-motor filter and post-motor filter for debris. The pre-motor filter is a foam black filter located in the tray underneath the dirt bin. Slide the tray out to remove the filter. Does the filter look dirty? It can be rinsed with warm water and a mild detergent, just make sure it’s completely drive before reinstalling. The post-motor filter on the side of the vacuum is a white pleated filter this one is not washable but can be tapped out. Here’s a link to order if needed: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=22523&partid=4675&cid=ccsocial
- If the brush belt is disengaged or if not vacuuming on bare floors, proceed to ‘Clearing Clogs’ FAQ.
- If there is still no suction, please take the machine to an Authorized Service Center to have a Quality Technician inspect the unit. You may find one by clicking on this link: http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/
- If your machine is blowing dust, please check the following;
- Check lower hose for clogs.
- Remove the screw from the left side of the lower hose on back of the unit and straighten this section of hose by pulling it down or lay unit out flat (the handle release pedal will need to be pushed twice) and roll unit on its side with the lower hose towards the top side. Look through the hose for obstructions. Push a broomstick through the lower hose to unclog. (The access plate can also be removed to provide a better view of the lower hose).
- If the machine is still blowing dust, please check out the "Clearing Clogs" FAQ or take the machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have a Quality Technican inspect the machine. You may find one by clicking on this link: http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/