My PowerGlide® with Lift-Off® Technology Vacuum has no suction. What do I check?
- Check dirt cup to see if it is empty.
- Make sure the dirt container and secondary cyclone (insert in the middle of the dirt container) is installed properly. If these are not installed properly, the machine will not suction and/or the machine will start blowing dust out of the machine. You’ll know if the secondary is installed properly because it will not fall out of the dirt container. If it is loose, turn it clockwise and it should lock into place.
- Check the pre and post motor filters for debris. Dirty filters can restrict airflow and also cause dust to escape from the machine. The Pre-motor filters protect the motor from dirt particles and are located underneath the dirt tank. To access the filters, first remove the dirt tank. Next, lift up on the tab attached to the filter cover. There are two (2) pre-motor filters; one foam filter fit into the cover and a thinner fiber filter fit above the motor area. If the filters appear dirty, remove both filters. The filters may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent, reinstall filters when they are completely dry (this may take a day or two). The Post-Motor filter is located on the front of the vacuum underneath the filter cover listed above. If this appears dirty, gently tap the filter on the edge of a waste basket to clear any accumulated dust and debris. NOTE: The post-motor filter is a pleated filter that is NOT washable and must be replaced when it becomes dirty.
Check for GOOD suction at the end of the upholstery hose.
If YES; there is good suction at the end of the upholstery hose…
a) Grasp the quick reach handle and firmly push the hose wand onto the suction opening.
b) Is the brush turning? If no…go to “Brush is not turning”.
c) Is the lower hose clogged? If yes, see “Clearing Clogs”.
If NO suction at the end of the upholstery hose…
- Remove the hose from the back of the machine (twist and turn counter clockwise to loosen the hose from the machine and pull out). Make sure the dirt container is on the machine and then turn on the machine and feel for suction at the opening where the hose was (see picture).
If YES; there is suction at the opening…
- Check the hose for cracks or holes, if none, upholstery hose is probably clogged. See “Clearing Clogs”.
- Check dirt container for any cracks. If there are cracks, a new dirt container will need to be ordered. Please contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691 to place an order. Have your correct model and serial number ready when calling.
If NO; there is not suction at the opening…Please take the machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have a Quality Technician inspect the unit. To locate one, please click on this link: http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/
5) Remove the Pod and check the gasket opening on the base of the machine. The gasket should be perfectly round. If it is not, it could affect suction.