The brush is not turning on my PowerGlide® with Lift-Off® Technology. What do I check?
Answer: Note: The brush will not rotate when the unit is locked in the upright position because an internal micro-switch turns the brush motor off.
1) Make sure both power switches are turned on.
2) Make sure the dirt container is seated properly on the base of the unit.
Remove the pod and replace, making sure that it “clicks” into place.
3) Remove access plate by removing the eight (8) screws with a Phillips head screwdriver and lift the brush cover off. Check the brush and belt for damage. Take the belt off, remove any debris from the brush, and replace the brush (without the belt in place). Try spinning it. If brush will not turn freely with the flick of a finger, you may need a new brush. Put the belt back on unless it is broken or damaged then it will need to be replaced. Here is a link to access replacement parts for your machine: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=product&productid=29805&cid=ccsocial
4) Check the brush to see if it is jammed. Remove the brush and clean the debris from the brush ends. Check if the bristles on the brush are worn, if so, the brush will need to be replaced.
5) If still not turning, please take the machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to have a Quality Technician inspect the machine. To locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please click on this link: http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/