The TurboBrush® on my Pet Hair Eraser® Vacuum isn't working. What should I check?
Answer: 1. Let’s start by turning off the vacuum. Remove the TurboBrush® from the hose and then turn the vacuum back on, checking for suction at the end of the hose.
2. If there is suction, go on to the next step; if there’s no suction at the end of the hose, the hose is likely clogged. Detach the hose from the vacuum and insert a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction through to the opposite end. Please note: a coat hanger is not recommended to clear a clog, as it may damage the hose.
3. Using a Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the back-side of the TurboBrush, pictured below.
4. Next, remove the belt guard screw (pictured below) using Phillips-head screwdriver.
5. Remove the belt and brush and remove any attached hair or debris. If the belt is broken, you’ll need to replace the TurboBrush. You can do so here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=2443&partid=4969
6. Next, pull off ends of the brush caps and remove any debris or hair.
7. Now, remove the suction-wheel by sliding upward. Clean the debris and replace by sliding downward into the slots.
8. Reassemble the brush-ends, loop the belt over the brush-gear, slide the brush into place, and secure the belt guard in place. (Pictured below.)
9. Reattach the cover.
10. If the TurboBrush still won’t turn, you’ll need to replace it. You can do so by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=2443&partid=4969