My Powersteamer® Powerlifter ProHeat® will not spray
Answer: Some ProHeat 25A3 series machine may be equipped with an inline filter. Please check for the red filter by removing the water tank and follow the steps below.
If you do not have an inline filter, please move to “Is the brush rotating?”
- Make sure the machines is powered off and unplug the unit from the outlet
- Remove the tank and set aside
- Remove the red solution filter cap by inserting a coin or flathead screwdriver into the slot in the top. Turn counter clockwise to unscrew. Set aside.
- Remove the white filter by grasping the post and pulling up and out of the unit. Rinse filter under cold water. BE CAREFUL NOT TO DROP THE FILTER DOWN THE SINK OR DISPOSAL.
- Replace the filter into the unit, making sure it’s seated properly. Replace the red cap and screw clockwise to tighten into place.
1) IS THE BRUSH ROTATING?
If YES; the brush is turning…
a) Proceed to step 2 below.
If NO; brush is NOT turning…
a) Check the pump belt to make sure it is intact, if not a new belt will need to be ordered.
b) Check the brush assembly for damage or debris by removing it. If there is damage, please contact one of our Authorized Service Centers to have a quality technician inspect your unit._
2) IS THERE LIQUID IN THE TANK?
If NO liquid is in the tank…fill the tank and review the previous steps.
If YES, there is liquid in the tank…
a) Check for the black or red tank gasket on the Tank-in-Tank Assembly.
If gasket is lodged in base of unit reattach gasket on the Autoload feeder shown above. Reattach the gasket by pushing the rounded portion of the gasket over the lip on the Autoload assembly. If it has been lost, a new gasket will need to be ordered.
b) Check the valve on the bottom of the Tank-in-Tank to make sure water will come through when the x valve is depressed. The bladder may be empty or the valve may be blocked internally.
3) DOES WATER SPRAY THROUGH THE HOSE WITH THE ATTACHMENT OFF?
If YES, water comes thru hose with attachment off…
- Check attachment for clog in the spray tip.
- Proceed to step 4 below.
If NO, water does not spray through the hose with the attachment off…
- Unit may have lost prime. To prime, replace the full tanks into the unit and hold the trigger in for 30 seconds with the unit turned off. Turn the unit on to check for spray.
- If still no spray, please contact one of our Authorized Service Centers to have a quality technician inspect your unit.
4) DOES THE TRIGGER HAVE TENSION? Squeeze and release to see if it springs back.
*Make sure the handle screws & two upper body screws are in correctly.
If NO tension in the trigger…
- Remove the handle and inspect it to see if the push rod is moving in relationship to the trigger.
- If no rod does not move, a new handle will need to be ordered._
- If yes, rod moves reinstall the handle.
If YES, there is tension in the trigger…
- Proceed to next step below.
5) DID WATER COME OUT TO THE FLOOR?
IF NO water came out to the floor…
- Check for debris on the spray tips. Clean with a soft brush, an old toothbrush works well.
- Check if the small rounded window tabs on the Floor Nozzle are locked in their corresponding slots and not inadvertently up out of place.
- If still not spray, please contact one of our Authorized Service Centers to have a quality technician inspect your unit.
1) DOES THE TRIGGER HAVE TENSION?
*Make sure the handle screw is in correctly. Squeeze and release to see if it springs back.
If NO trigger tension…
a) Completely remove upper handle from machine.
- Inspect the handle. If the push-rod is not moving in relationship to the Trigger, a new handle will need to be ordered.
If YES, there is trigger tension…
- Check for debris on the spray tips. Clean with soft brush (an old tooth brush works great).
- If water still won’t come out to the floor, please contact one of our Authorized Service Centers to have a quality technician inspect your unit.
No Spray through the upholstery hose, but sprays through the floor
1) Remove any tools from the end of the hose. Does the unit spray?
If NO spray with tool removed…
- Clean out the spray tip with a paper clip.
- Stretch the hose out and give it a few light tugs to release any kinks in the internal water supply hose.
- If still no spray through the hose, please contact one of our Authorized Service Centers to have a quality technician inspect your unit.
If YES; there is spray with the tool removed…
a) Clean out the spray tip on the tool with a paper clip. If this does not work, the tool may need to be replaced.