Answer: My PowerSteamer® machine does not spray, what can I do to fix this? (For models: 1690, 1691, 1695 & 1696)
- Please follow these steps to resolve the difficulty with spray you are experiencing on your BISSELL Power Steamer.
Check for liquid in the Clean Water tank & the SmartMix® tank (please note: models 1691 & 1696 do not have a formula tank). Both must contain fluid for the machine to spray properly.
• Check the valve on the bottom of the tanks to make sure liquid will come through when the “X” valve is depressed. If not, soak cap inserts in hot tap water for 30 minutes.
• Check the pump for power by turning the power switch to the “I” setting. The pump should produce an audible “whining” or “buzzing” sound. If no noise to the pump, please contact a BISSELL Authorized Service Center for additional assistance.
The machine may have lost prime. To prime, hold the trigger in for 30 seconds with the machine turned off. Turn the SmartMix® dial from water only to high traffic three times. Leave dial on high traffic, turn machine on, and hold the trigger for two minutes to check for spray.
• Check for spray through the hose with the attachment off. If the hose sprays, check for debris on the spray tips located on the bottom of the machine behind the brush. Clean with soft brush (an old tooth brush works well).
• Check trigger for tension. If there is no tension, the handle screws might be improperly aligned. Remove and reinstall handle/screws.
If the machine still does not spray to the floor, please contact a BISSELL AuthorizedService Center in your area. To locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center, visit http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/. Enter you zip code in the Service Center box to perform the search.
For all other questions or concerns contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691, Monday- Friday 8 am-10 pm, Saturday 9 am- 8 pm or Sunday 10 am- 7 pm EST & a representative would gladly assist you.