My Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine® brushes are not turning. What should I check?
Answer: We’re sorry you’re experiencing your brushes not turning with your Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine. Please try these steps to assist with your machine.
• The machines brush only turns when the handle is reclined. Please turn machine on & recline handle to engage brushes. If brushes still do not turn, please proceed with steps below.
• Brush’s internal circuit breaker may have tripped.
o Turn the machine OFF (O) and unplug from outlet. Check to see if a foreign object is caught in brush roll. Remove object. Plug machine in to reset circuit breaker. Retry machine.
• Brush may be clogged or belt may be broken.
o Unplug machine. Turn machine on its non-corded side. Press the brush carriage clip to look for any debris. Remove debris.
• Open brush carriage plate assembly to check the belt to make sure it is intact. Reseat if belt has fallen off following instructions on page 14 of the User’s Guide. Please replace the belt if broken belt- see images below.
• Brush may need to be replaced:
o Unplug machine and turn machine on its corded side to remove brush end-cap. Press the brush carriage clip. Unscrew 3 end-cap screws. Remove old brush and reinstall new brush, put end-cap on and replace screws.
If you continue to experience no suction, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, click here.
For any additional inquiries please contact BISSEL Consumer Care by phone at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 am to 10 pm, Saturday 9 am to 8 pm, and Sunday 10 am to 7 pm ET and a representative will gladly assist you.