My Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine® is not suctioning properly. What should I check?
Answer: We’re sorry you’re experiencing no suction with your Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine. Please try these steps to assist with your machine.
1) Take both clean and dirty water tanks off the unit and replace them making sure each tank sits snuggly on the machine.
2) Is there suction at hose opening? Open the attachment hose door on the top of the dirty water tank and your hand over it to feel for suction.
If no suction at the hose opening…
a) Take the dirty water tank off and empty the dirty water collection tank. Set the clear plastic top with handle aside. Check the front of the tank where the gasket goes around the opening and attempt to look through the opening. The opening should be clear and any debris can be cleared with a flathead screwdriver.
If yes, there is suction is at the hose…Unplug unit
a) Set the tank and lid aside and take the solution tank off of the unit. Peer in the opening just in front of the solution tank and check to see if you can see through to the carpet. If you are having difficulty looking through the front opening, try tilting the machine back to look through the opening. Clear any obstructions with your fingers or a screwdriver, but be careful not to scrape the sides as there is a thin plastic hose inside the nozzle opening.
If you are unable to clear obstructions, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center to assist you.
3) Is there suction at the motor duct?
Take the dirty water tank assembly off the unit and set aside. Turn the unit on and place their hand over the red motor duct (upper body filter).
a. Remove any debris on the red filter by hand if present.
4) If there is no suction at the motor duct, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center.
5) If yes, there is suction at the motor duct, check the float & baffle.
a. If the float and baffle fall side to side freely replace the top to the water tank. If it does not move freely, is stuck closed, or appears broken a new baffle is needed. To place an order, please visit www.bissell.com/parts
6) A closed baffle will restrict suction.
a.Turn unit off to let baffle fall back down. Empty dirty water tank if needed. If dirty tank is empty suggest cleaning at a slower pace or not tipping the machine.
7) A broken baffle will not stop suction when dirty water tank is nearing full and can overflow the tank.
If you continue to experience no suction, please take your machine to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, click here.
For any additional inquiries please contact BISSEL Consumer Care by phone at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 am to 10 pm, Saturday 9 am to 8 pm, and Sunday 10 am to 7 pm ET and a representative will gladly assist you.