Why is the brush roll on my Lift-Off® Floors & More not turning?
- The first thing to check is the brush roll for an obstruction.
- If there is an obstruction:
- This unit features a Brush Roll Reset feature so if large debris becomes lodged in the brush roll it will shut off.
- If this has happened, turn the unit off and remove the obstruction.
- Wait approximately 15 minutes for the motor to cool down before turning back on. After this time has lapsed the brush should function correctly.
- If no obstruction is found the belt may be broken or the brush roll may need to be checked.
- To be safe, turn the unit off and remove the foot assembly from the unit. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)
- Turn the foot assembly over to access the belt.
- There are three (3) Philips head screws that need to be removed from the access plate. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)
- The belt and brush roll are located right below the access plate. Remove the brush roll to access the belt. (SEE PICTURE BELOW)
- With brush roll and belt removed, check the end caps on the brush roll and the housing for any damage. Also, check and clean any debris build-up on brush roll while it’s removed. If necessary, replace with a new belt and brush roll.
The brush can be ordered at http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&partid=16441 and the belt is available at http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&partid=16442.
- Check to make sure brush and belt move freely with new parts in place by rotating the brush roll by hand.
- Reassemble belt cover and secure with three (3) screws.
- Then reattach foot assembly to unit making sure to hear it ‘click’ into place.
- If the brush roll still will not turn, please take the unit to an Authorized Service Center to have a Quality Technician inspect the unit. To find the closest service center, enter your zip code at: http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/.