Lift-Off® Carpet Cleaner - brushes not turning
Answer: 1. The Lift-Off Carpet Cleaner’s brushes will turn only if the machine is reclined and the pod is properly attached to the base. To “recline” the machine, simply press the foot pedal on the base of the carpet cleaner. If the machine is in the upright, vertical position, the brushes won’t turn.
2. If your cleaner is reclined, next double check that the removable pod is seated on the base correctly. You’ll need to push down firmly on both sides so each side clicks in. A good way to test if your pod is attached is by picking up the whole machine using the pod’s handle.
3. Check to see if material has been caught in the brushes or if they’ve been damaged.
4. Unplug the machine and check to see if the brush belts are intact. You’ll find these by unscrewing the brush end caps (where the two side brushes are). The longer belt of the two brush belts is on the cord side and connects the two brushes together. The shorter belt, on the non-cord side, hooks over the motor-pulley and attaches to the gear on the end of the brush. If they’re broken, you can order new ones by clicking here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?id=9143&sc=product&productid=26940&st=1
5. If the belts seem fine, let’s try again. With the machine still unplugged, turn the brushes by hand. If they turn, plug your cleaner back in and retry.
6. If you’re still stuck, at this point it might be best to take your carpet cleaner to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.