My PowerForce® Bagless vacuum is blowing dust and or not suctioning properly. What can I check?
1. Check for clogs in the lower hose.
- Start by removing the screw from the left side of the lower hose on the back of the unit. Lay the vacuum on its side, with the lower hose facing up.
- With the hose loose, straighten it into one line. Look through the hose for obstructions. Push a broomstick through the lower hose to unclog it.
2. Thoroughly vacuum the area where dust is blowing up as the brush will continue to rotate. The rotating brush causes debris to move up through the hose.
3. Check the dirt cup to make sure it is empty.
4. Your vacuum has 3 filters. Check the inner and outer circular filters in the filter cup and the post-motor filter on the front of the machine for debris. Also check the upper-tank louvers (this a grey plastic piece that looks like a filter). They may be removed and rinsed. Dirty filters will restrict air flow. The filters may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Allow them to completely dry before reinstalling them. The white HEPA Media Post-Motor Filter* is not washable.
5. Check for good suction at the end of the upholstery hose with handle. If there is good suction, be sure this end of the hose is firmly pressed into the lower hose outlet on the back of the vacuum. Also check to ensure the brush is rotating. If it’s not, remove the plate on the bottom of the vacuum by the two tabs and check the belt and clean the roller of debris and dirt. If the lower hose is clogged, remove the hose with handle and clean this hose.
6. If there is not good suction at the end of the hose with handle, remove the hose by twisting it off the back of the machine and check for suction on the vacuum. If the suction power is good, check the hose for cracks or splits and using a broomstick handle, push any dirt or debris through the hose.
If you continue to experience low suction with your vacuum, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, click here. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691.
*The filter media, not the vacuum as a whole, complies with the IEST-RP-CC001.5 or the EN-1822-1:2009 HEPA standard.