Why doesn't my vacuum have any suction?
Answer: Please turn off the machine and unplug it, prior to checking the following.
- Ensure the dirt cup is empty.
- Check the pre-motor and Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter for debris. Dirty filters can restrict airflow. The pre-motor filter is located underneath the canister of the vacuum in the pull out tray labeled "filter". This may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Reinstall this filter when it is completely dry. The Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter cartridge needs to be replaced and cannot be washed. This is located on the side of the machine inside the filter grill.
- Check for suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If the suction is good, continue to check the following:
- Make sure the hose is firmly seated into the hose base of the vacuum.
- Make sure the brush is turning.
- Check to ensure the lower hose is not clogged. If the suction is NOT good at the end of the hose, check for suction at the base of the machine with the canister removed. If the suction at the base is good, inspect the hose for cracks or holes and ensure the hose is not clogged.
If there is not good suction at the base of the machine, please contact BISSELL Consumer Care at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.