Why doesn't my Momentum Power Trak vacuum suction anymore?(2)
Answer: If there IS suction at the back of the machine with the hose removed, please check the following after unplugging the unit from the outlet.
- Check the Pre and Post-Motor filters for debris. Dirty filters can restrict airflow. The pre-motor foam filter is square and located in a pull out tray underneath the dirt cup. The foam filter may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Reinstall the filter when it is completely dry. The Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter is rectangular and located on the side of the machine. Note: The white Multi-Layer Post Motor Filter is not washable.
- Ensure the dirt cup is empty.
- Check the upper tank for build up or clogs. Twist the inner cyclone to the left and pull down. Wipe the separator plate with a damp cloth moistened with water or mild cleaning detergent. Replace the dirt cup.
- Check for good suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If there is good suction, make sure the hose is firmly connected to the lower hose on the back of the vacuum. If there is not suction at the end of the hose, check the hose for splits, cracks or clogs.
- Make sure the brush is rotating. If it is not, remove the access plate and examine the brush, and belt for damage. The access panel can be removed by lifting the 4 tabs located at the bottom of your machine. Lift tab 1 then 2-4 tabs to remove the access panel.
CLEARING CLOGS - Detach the upper hose from the machine. Insert a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction through to the opposite end. - Remove the screw from the left side of the lower hose on the back of the unit, and straighten this section of hose by pulling it down or lay the unit out flat, and roll the unit on its side with the lower house towards the top side. Look through the hose for any obstructions. Push a broom stick through the lower hose to unclog.
If you continue to experience no suction or blowing dust, please take the machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate a Service Center go to www.bissell.com under the Customer Support tab. Enter your zip code in the search box to perform your search.