My Lift-Off Revolution has low suction power. How can I resolve this?
- Check the dirt cup to see if it is empty.
- Check the left and right screen to make sure they are clean and not clogged. These screens can be removed and rinsed off. Make sure screens are dry before reinstalling into the dirt cup.
- Check the upper tank, pre and post motor filters for debris. Dirty filters can restrict airflow. The filters may be hand washed in cold water with mild detergent. Reinstall filters when completely dry.
NOTE: The white HEPA Media Post-Motor Filter* is not washable.
- Check for GOOD suction at the end of the upholstery hose. If yes: - Make sure the hose is firmly connected to the lower hose on the back of the vacuum. - Ensure the brush is turning - Check to see if the lower hose is clogged. If no: Check for suction at the back of the machine after removing the two screws from the hose cuff where it attaches to the back of the vacuum. - If there is suction, check the hose or cracks or holes. If none, the upholstery hose is probably clogged. - If there is still no suction, please have a Service Center technician inspect your machine.
- TO CLEAR CLOGS IN THE UPPER HOSE OR LOWER HOSE Upper hose: Detach the hose from the machine. Push a broomstick into the hose to push any obstruction to the curved end of the hose where it can be removed.
NOTE: A coat hanger is not recommended to clear a clog, it may damage the hose.
- Drop a coin through the hose if it is detached from the unit as way to help determine if it is clogged, but remember it is very possible for a coin to pass through the hose even if a large clog exists. Lower hose: Remove the canister and then recline the unit. Look thru the hose for obstructions. Push a broomstick through lower hose to unclog. (The access plate can also be removed to gain better access to the lower hose).
If you continue to experience difficulty, please take your machine to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. You can also locate a Service Center online or by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1. A BISSELL representative can also assist you.
*The filter media, not the vacuum as a whole, complies with
the IEST-RP-CC001.5 or the EN-1822-1:2009 HEPA standard.