Why isn't the brush turning on my PROLite vacuum, model 17G5?
Please note: The brush will not turn when the unit is locked upright.
- Make sure the brush switch is engaged.
- The brush switch is located on the upper handle beneath the power switch. A green light will illuminate around the brush switch when the brush motor is turned on.
- Make sure the handle is securely in place.
- The screws should be securely inserted, and the front side of the handle should be flush with the lower handle assembly. If the screws are not secured tightly, the internal connectors will not connect properly, and the brush motor may lose power. Tighten the handle screws.
- Make sure the belt is intact.
- Ensure you have the correct belt. The belt on this unit should have gears. Generic smooth belts will not allow the unit to function properly.
- Ensure the brush has not become jammed.
- This unit is built with an electronic sensor that automatically shuts the brush motor off if the brush dowel becomes jammed. When a jam occurs, power to the motor is cut and the lights around the brush button will flash 5 times.
- To clear the jam, unplug the vacuum, clear the brush debris, and reassemble. NOTE: a “power reset” or unplugging the vacuum, is necessary to clear the jam and reset the electronics.
- Remove the brush, and check the end caps for debris.
- The end caps for this brush are removable, allowing for easy maintenance.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem with your machine, please take it to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com. Click on the Customer Support tab near the top of the homepage and enter your zip code in the Service Center locator box to perform your search.
You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.