The brush on my PROlite® is not turning. What should I do?
Answer: 1. The brush won’t turn if the handle is locked upright. Be sure the vacuum is reclined to activate the brush.
2. Make sure the brush button is pressed. The brush switch is located on the upper handle beneath the power switch. A green light will illuminate around the brush switch when the brush is activated.
3. Check that the handle is securely in place. The screws should be securely inserted, and the front-side of the handle should be flush with the lower handle assembly. The handle may be flush with the screws not tightly secure, but the internal connectors will not be connected properly and the brush motor may lose power. Tighten handle screws.
4. Make sure the belt is intact. Be sure you’re using a BISSELL belt—other belts won’t work. To order a replacement, click here: http://www.bissell.com/parts/?sc=part&productid=2473&partid=7205
5. Remove the brush and check the end caps for debris. The end caps for this brush are removable, allowing for easy maintenance. Clear any debris as needed, reinstall, and try machine again (see below).
6. This vacuum is built with a sensor that automatically shuts the brush motor off if the brush jams. The brush button will flash five times. In order to clear the jam, unplug the vacuum, follow the normal brush debris clearing procedures (see our “brush not turning” FAQ for details), and reassemble the vacuum. The vacuum should function properly if the jam has been removed. If not, the lights will blink again. A “power reset” or unplugging the vacuum is necessary to clear the jam and reset the electronics.
7. If the brush still isn’t turning, please take your vacuum to a technician. You can find your nearest BISSELL® Authorized Service Center by clicking http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/ or by calling 1-800-237-7691, available 24 hours a day.