Why did my brush stop rotating?
Answer: - Make sure the brush motor is turned on.
- Make sure the handle is reclined. If the handle is in the locked upright position, the brush motor will automatically shut off.
- Check the brush for any debris.
- Check the brush and belt for any damage. Remove the access plate by removing the two screws, pull up on the front to the access plate, then pull up on each of the sections in the middle of the plate.
- Make sure the brush turns freely by hand. If the brush does not turn, the belt may need to be replaced or the brush assembly.
- If you need further assistance, please take your machine to a local Bissell service center.
To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, go to the BISSELL Homepage at: http://www.bissell.com. Select the "Customer Service" tab at the top of the page and then select "Service Centers" from the drop down menu. Enter your zip code to perform your search.
You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.