Why don't I have any suction with my machine?
Answer: - Make sure the dirt container is empty.
- The dirt cup must be installed properly. If there are any gaps between the dirt cup and upper tank, there will be no suction.
- Check the motor duct for suction, this is beneath the pre-motor foam filter. Remove the filter and tray, turn the power on to check the motor duct for suction. If there is no suction, please contact Bissell Consumer Services at 1-800-237-7691 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
- Check the pre-motor foam filter to make sure it is clean. The filter can be cleaned with warm water and mild detergent. Make sure the filter is completely dry before putting it back into the unit.
- Check the end of the flex hose for suction with the machine on. If there is no suction, take a broom stick and run this through the hose to clear any debris.
-Remove the foot of the unit by pressing on the black button that is at the neck of the base, straighten the foot connector and look through the suction path.
- Try shaking and debris from the foot. If the clog does not come out, run a pipe cleaner or clothes hanger through the foot to loosen the debris.
If you require additional assistance, please call BISSELL Consumer Services Toll free at 1-800-237-7691 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.