How do I get my Big Green Complete floor turbo brush to suction again?
Answer: - Completely remove the floor turbo brush form the wand. Check the end of the wand for suction. If there is no suction check the following:
- Check for suction at the motor duct gasket. If there is no suction please take your machine for inspection to a local BISSELL Authorized Service Center. If there is suction at the motor duct gasket, review the following:
- Check to make sure the motor duct gasket is in place, and it is not stuck on the underside of the tank.
- Check the end of the wand for suction. If there is no suction, there may be a clog. Clear the clog from the wand pieces by pushing a broom handle through the wand pieces.
- Make sure the collection tank is seated correctly. You may have to take the tank completely out and reseat the tank in the machine.
- Make sure the top lid is properly seated.
- Check the pre-motor filter for debris. Clean filter with warm tap water and mild soap if necessary. Make sure filter is completely dry before reusing.
- Check the wand pieces to make sure they are firmly pressed together. If there is suction at the end of the wand remove the floor turbo brush wand. Look through the turbo brush tube for clogs or debris and remove.
-Remove the access plate from the turbo brush.
If you continue to experience difficulty with the floor turbobrush, call Consumer Services at 1-800-237-7691, ET, M- F 8am - 10pm and Sat. 9am - 8pm.