ProHeat 2X - change brush and belt
Answer: Occasional replacement of one or both belts may become necessary. If that is needed, please follow the instructions below or view the video.
1) Turn off the machine, and unplug it from the outlet.
2) Remove both the Water Tank and the Formula Tank. Set aside.
3) Unscrew the Front Nozzle and remove it. Set aside.
4) Turn the machine on its side. IMPORTANT: eletrical cord side down.
5) Remove the Clear End Cap by unscrewing the 2 Black Screws. Take care not to drop the screws into the unit.
6) Remove 1 Silver Screw.
7) Remove Pivot Arm by gently lifting up.
8) Remove Small Brush Belt.
9) Replace Small Brush Belt, and Reverse Steps Above.
The following link has two very helpful instructional videos to assist you: http://www.bissell.com/how-to-videos/.
If you would like technical assistance as you attempt to change the belts, please call us at 1-800-237-7691, Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., or Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., ET. A representative will assist you.