Why doesn't my machine have any suction?
Answer: - Make sure the collection tank is not full.
- Check to ensure the collection tank is seated properly.
- Check the collection tank plug is in place and not damaged. - Make sure the diverter knob is set to floor cleaning (this dial will lock into place).
- Remove the tank and check the motor duct (oblong shape) for suction. If there is no suction at the motor duct, If there is no suction, please call BISSELL Consumer Services toll free at 1-800-237-7691 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET. A representative will assist you.
- Check the suction path above the roller for debris. If clogged, clean with a cotton swab to remove any debris.
- Check the suction path on the top of the tank for debris. To clean, remove the diverter knob and run water through both ends of the suction path. To remove the diverter knob, twist and pull it until it comes out. Remove any debris under the knob also.
- With the water tank on the machine, turn the power on and check the float flap door. Check to see if the door closed prematurely (it will close if the unit is being leaned back. Make sure it's standing upright and it is locked into position). If the float flap door is closing prematurely, the tank may need to be replaced.
If you require additional assistance please call BISSELL Consumer Services toll free at 1-800-237-7691 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.