My machine will not suction up the dirty water from the carpet. What can I do to correct this?
Answer: - Check to make sure the power switch is turned to the “II” (Clean) setting. The vacuum motor should be audible from the "II" (Clean) position. If not, please contact an Authorized Service Center for additional assistance.
- Check for suction at Triangle Cap. The Triangle Cap must be "snapped" in place on the top of the Collection Tank to have suction at the floor.
- Check to make sure the Collection Tank Drain Plug is in place on the back of the Collection Tank.
- Check for suction at the air duct box (rectangular box located below the collection tank) and inspect the gray air duct hose for cracks.
- Check the Collection Tank for cracks.
- Check the floor nozzle (clear piece on the front of the machine) to make sure it is intact. It should also have a black gasket around the opening on top off the floor nozzle. If you continue to experience difficulty with your machine, please take your machine to an Authorized Service Center. To locate your nearest BISSELL Authorized Service Center, please go to www.bissell.com under the Contact Customer Care tab near the top of the homepage. Enter your zip code in the Service Center box to perform your search. You can also locate a Service Center by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 1-800-237-7691 and choosing option #1.